Financial Aid - K-8 Only
See Preschool Page for Their Financial Aid Information
Mauna Loa School embraces the philosophy that every family who truly desires an education at Mauna Loa School for their child(ren) will be able to realize this goal. The school is committed to removing financial barriers to your child's admittance.
you must complete the following process:
- Adjust your budget to make Christian education a priority.
- Be currently enrolled at Mauna Loa School.
- Sign a Financial Agreement with FACTS (tuition program).
- Complete scholarship applications to all other scholarship programs for which you are eligible.
- Complete your financial aid application through Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS). Submit required documents to TADS.
We are now using Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide, TADS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2018-2019 school year, please follow these steps below. (You only have to complete one Financial Aid Application, even if you have several children applying.)
- Click on the link below or go to mytads.com.
- Click on the "Financial Aid Assessment" link.
- Click "Create New Account", if you do not have an account yet.
- If you completed an online application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
- Submit and pay for the application. This fee is nonrefundable.
Why apply online? Your information will be delivered to us more quickly and accurately, allowing us to make a faster financial aid decision.
To get started, click here MyTADS.com.
Deadline to apply is April 30, 2019.
Example of Financial Aid Application Worksheet
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO TADS
- 2016 Form 1040
- 2016 W-2s
Call TADS Customer Service at 1-800-477-8237 with any questions (M-F: 7am-8pm CST) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Scholarship Site to Visit top
Note: You usually need to contact outside funding organizations as they work directly with you and not through the school. Links to their webpages have been provided to assist you in making contact and starting the application process.
- Mauna Loa School participates in the Kipona Scholarship.
Hawai'i Conference/Pacific Union Conference Scholarship (For children of constituent church members) top
- Important Note #1: All scholarships going to Pacific Union Conference need to be turned in complete with letters from students or parents when students are too young. THEY WILL NOT BE PROCESSED BY UNION IF NOT COMPLETE.
- Important Note #2: In order to process your child's financial aid application, please make sure that you fill out an application for each child and print clearly in order to process your child's application efficiently.
- Hawaii Conference, Multi-Scholarship
Hilo Church Assistance
Application for Hilo Church members.
- Important Note: Assistance for Hilo Church families will either be awarded from the church or MLS but not from both.
- Please print, fill out, and return this form to the MLS Office. This form can be found on the left side of the page.