FACTS Tuition Payment Program - MLS, K-8 Only
Mauna Loa School is partnering with FACTS to service your K-8 child’s 2018 - 2019 tuition account. This program is connected to Renweb, a program we are already using. By integrating these two programs it will be easier for parents to make tuition payments.
- Standard Prepay Payment Schedule – Prepayment is due, at the latest, by the 20thof each month starting in July and ending in April.
- A late fee of $40.00 will be assessed by FACTS for tuition payments received after the due date.
- Failure to make payments by the end of the month constitutes withdrawal of the student from school.
Mauna Loa School is supported in part by tuition payments and in part by the Hawaii Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and by the Hilo and Puna Seventh-day Adventist churches. In view of this, the tuition rate for constituent members will be less than for non-members. (Due to the uncertainties of business conditions and monetary values, Mauna Loa School reserves the right to revise the published rates as may be necessary, without notice.)
Annual Fees (non-refundable)
- New Student Registration: $25.00/student
- Re-enrolling Students:
$25.00/student May 1 - May 31, 2018
$50.00/student After May 31, 2018
- K-8 Comprehensive Fees - $275/student (Includes textbooks, consumable workbooks, student insurance and testing, and a year book.) Comprehensive fees may be paid during July or $150.00 in June and $150.00 in December.
- FACTS Registration Fee: $50.00, paid on FACTS website (One fee/family).
- Outdoor School - Cost determined based on activities planned. (Covers cost of food, lodging, transportation, and field trip activity fees.) The first outdoor school experience will take place the three days (Wed - Fri) before Fall Break. The second outdoor experience will take place the three days (Wed - Fri) before Spring Break. The student may raise all or part of this fee during certain fundraisers throughout the year.
- After School Care – $12.00 Daily or $160 Monthly - After School Care costs will be assessed at the end of the month and then be processed and billed by FACTS.
- Mid-Year Re-admission Fee - $65.00. Students who are asked to withdraw due to financial reasons or otherwise will be assessed a $65.00 re-admission fee upon acceptance and re-admission.
- Waiting List Fee - $50.00. Students who have been accepted into Mauna Loa School pending an available opening may submit a non-refundable fee of $50.00 to hold their spot. Once a spot becomes available, the $50.00 will be applied to the student’s account.
- Incidental Fees - May include field trip fees, uniforms, etc.
- Prepay Full Year’s Tuition: Families who pay the full year’s tuition prior to the start of the school year will receive a five percent (5%) tuition discount.
- Billing Policy - Annual tuition is calculated each year and then billed in ten equal invoices. Invoices do not reflect the number of instructional days in each month.
- Financial Agreement - To complete your registration, a financial agreement must be signed by the responsible financial parties and the school treasurer (or school representative) before the student can attend classes. To be completed on FACTS website.
- Priority Registration - Priority Registration is for returning students only. It starts in February and ends the last day of school. To qualify for Priority Registration, the responsible financial parties must complete a Returning Student Application Form and sign a Financial Agreement.
- Prorated Tuition - Except for the month of August, the tuition will be one half the regular monthly tuition for students who enroll after the 15th of the month. A full month’s tuition will be assessed for students who withdraw from Mauna Loa School after receiving instruction for one or more days in the month.
- Outside Agency Payments/Scholarships - Families receiving outside agency payments/scholarships may be asked to submit a signed “Release of Information” to the school as well as documentation of the award amount. All outside agency payments should be set up as Direct Deposit to Mauna Loa School.
- Unpaid Accounts from Previous Year - In the event of an unpaid bill from a previous year, no students from that family will be allowed to enroll in the new school year until the account is paid in full.
Responsible financial parties are required to sign a Financial Agreement at the time of registration. Accounts that do not meet the obligations of the Financial Agreement by the end of each month are considered delinquent. The Finance Committee reviews and acts on all delinquent accounts. This may include suspending educational services until payment has been submitted as outlined in the Financial Agreement.
The Finance Committee understands that there are times when financial hardships occur. When these times occur they ask that the responsible financial parties contact the school treasurer before the scheduled payment date to formulate a revised plan to meet their financial obligations. Any revised Financial Agreement will need to be signed by both the responsible parties and the school treasurer and approved by the Finance Committee.
Families who do not meet the obligations of their Financial Agreement may be asked to withdraw from Mauna Loa School.